Canal du Centre

Canal du Centre

Sunday, October 1, 2017

Number, Numbers

About 1450 kilometers
230 hours moving in 65 travel days
264 locks
77 lifting or turning bridges
6 tunnels
about 900 liters fuel used


And the map for the year. Since we did some backtracking (Belgium, the Scarpe to Arras and the Somme) the colored lines are for the first time on the waterway and the stops on the return are the placemarks.


As always, you can zoom in on the map to see details of the moorings, waterways and what we saw along the way.

Still to come, the final days in Toul and three days in Paris!

3 comments:

  1. What a very cool map! That's quite a distance you've covered there! We also did quite a bit of back tracking, and a lot more side stepping than we intended! Enjoy your last few days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I've just read your reply to my last comment. I see you are home already, so I'll rephrase my last remark to 'I'll enjoy reading about your last few days' :) Hoping all is well back home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you made it! Still, hearing about the shallows and given Catharina Elizabeth is deeper than Oldtimer, I'm glad we made the decision to stay in the north west. Have a good winter and hope to see you next year somewhere.

    ReplyDelete

All of a sudden I'm getting comment spam. I'll have to use Captcha until it gets under control. Sorry...